Fall reminds me of apples and one of the best ways to enjoy an apple is with caramel! After a trip to the orchard, my boys and I did a little experimenting and came up with this fun seasonal cookie recipe.
Caramel Apple Cookies
(Makes about 36 big cookies)
- ½ pound butter (2 sticks)
- 1½ cups brown sugar (packed)
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1¾ cups flour
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- ½ tsp. salt
- 3 cups old-fashioned oats
- 2 cups cored, peeled & diced apples (about 2 apples)
- 1 cup chopped caramels (about 20 caramel squares)
- 1 cup white chocolate chips (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cream butter, brown sugar, and granulated sugar.
- Add eggs and vanilla and mix well.
- Add flour, baking soda, and salt and mix well
- Mix in oats until combined.
- Stir in apples and caramels.
- Drop by tablespoonful onto GREASED cookie sheet (these will spread a bit).
- Bake for 14-16 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Cool for a few minutes and transfer onto a cooling rack
- For optional white chocolate drizzle: Once cookies are cool, melt white chocolate chips in a microwave safe bowl; check and stir frequently (use 30 second increments).
- Drizzle cookies with white chocolate and allow chocolate to harden